Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blog 4 before sytrus redux

I was looking through the sytrus machine on Fl studio, searching through the presets for a good idea for tones, and I stumbled upon two, one which made me think of a techno styled bopping noise, and the other which made me think of making a chorus styled "ah" for the main melodies. I used a set form of AABA styling, leaving breaks in the main melody for random interlude loops. Most of the loops were created using the "Riff Machine" in Fl studio, creating little riff lines for the piece.While I was in sytrus I used the Volume and cutoff key mappings so that certain notes can be heard more clearly and so they cut themselves off faster into the actual piece itself. One of my main influences on this piece is that of a band by the name Planet X, which can be heard through the weird space bubbly noises throughout the song

No comments:

Post a Comment